CONSTRUCTION PROJECT MANAGER
Summary of Responsibilities
Seeking qualified FULL-TIME candidates for a Construction Project Manager positionworking on commercial ground-up, tenant improvements, commercial renovations as well as custom residential projects (from $300k – $5m). The Construction Project Manager is a critical position within BOYD CONSTRUCTION COMPANY, INC. (BCC). The Construction Project Manager is responsible for project coordination, budgeting, contract negotiations, and essential facilitation through Estimator(s) and Superintendents. This employee will be vital in the conceptual development of a construction project, and will oversee its organization, scheduling, and implementation. BCC acts primarily as a Construction Manager and therefore there is a heavy emphasis on subcontractor contracts. The Construction Project Manager will actively participate in the management and development of the project’s construction schedule, project phasing, and logistics plan prior to and during construction completion. This is an extremely fast-paced, multitasking environment and position. Candidate must be a team player, wearing many hats, and must be self-motivating, design-oriented (historic, modern, interiors / exteriors, and unique projects), and have the ability to manage 3 -6 projects at once in various stages. Serious inquiries ONLY. The Construction Project Manager provides full-time project and construction management and has frequent interaction with the Owner/ Client, consultants and subcontractors. He / She is responsible for ensuring that all aspects of our services are being delivered at the highest level to Owner/ Client satisfaction.
Position Description from pre-construction through closeout
- Develops relationship with design team – Thoroughly understands the project and the owner’s/designer’s vision and maintains constant communication with all parties involved.
- Thoroughly understands construction documents – Ensures all areas of scope are covered through review of the contract drawings prior to commencement.
- Communicates and manages with design team via RFI’s.
- Takes responsibility of projects overall progression and quality while ensuring that the ‘Boyd Brand’ is conveyed through quality and detail.
- Thoroughly understands the subcontractor’s obligations, commitments, and scopes to be performed.
- Generates subcontractor and material supplier contracts.
- Oversees and coordinates all subcontractor’s contract documents and approved submittals.
- Generates ‘schedules of values’ for each project based on the CSI divisions.
- Generates ‘budget’ parameters for each project.
- Manages and prepares change orders as required.
- Requests and coordinates all submittals.
- Appropriately directs / discusses obligations / changes with any BCC Superintendents.
- Communicates with Estimator / General Super / Accounting regarding any contract conflicts / changes.
- Manages schedule through Superintendent.
- Ensures ALL PUNCH WORK is 100% satisfied.
- Represents company in project meetings and direct / attend strategy meetings.
- Strong financial understanding of cost reporting and budgeting, etc.
- Ensure project costs are aligned with approved budgets, approves contractor invoices, and change order requests.
- Ability to lead and manage a team.
- Tenant improvement/restaurant build -out / residential experiences a plus.
General Requirements for All Positions
- Ability to read architectural plans and implement necessary revisions.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Construction or Engineering, or (5+ years’ experience in Construction PM position).
- Field experience in construction is a must.
- Extensive computer knowledge, including Windows, Word, Excel, Outlook, MS Project and Internet. This position will require proficiency in Excel as spreadsheets are widely used for budgets, etc.
- Working knowledge of construction and project management tool s and software.
- Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong analytical and decision -making skills.
- Outstanding commitment and dedication to the company and its clients.
- Ensure regular and effective communication within the comp any and partners.
- Must be self -motivated and punctual.
- Must be able to manage multiple tasks and have excellent follow up skills both internally and externally.
- Must be professional and polished in appearance and speech.
- Working knowledge of the construct ion process including scheduling, contract administration, equipment, manpower, etc.
- Well-versed in safety and government regulations (ex: OSHA).
- Team Player.
- Thorough knowledge of all trades involved in residential/commercial construction.
- Strong organizational skills – ability to multitask.
- Tech savvy with ability to take digital photos and upload to main files; hand -held computing.
- Work requires the ability to operate an automobile and have a valid state driver’s license.
- LOCAL CANDIDATES ONLY (WILL NOT PAY TO RELOCATE)
Resumes can be dropped off at the Boyd Construction Office (1926 4th Avenue South St. Petersburg 33712) or emailed to email@example.com.
DESIGN + BUILD | Main Office: 1926 4th Avenue S Saint Petersburg, FL | CGC1517459 and #NAT-68431-1 | N 27° 46′ 1″ W 82° 39′ 34″