CONSTRUCTION ESTIMATING COORDINATOR
SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES
Seeking qualified FULL-TIME candidates for a Construction Estimating Coordinator position working on commercial ground-up, tenant improvements, commercial renovations as well as custom residential projects (from $300k – $5m). The Construction Estimating Coordinator is a critical position within BOYD CONSTRUCTION COMPANY, INC. (BCC). The Construction Estimating Coordinator will report directly to the Construction Estimator. This employee will be vital in the conceptual development of a construction project and will help oversee its organization, estimate and construction schedule. Candidate must be a team player, wearing many hats, and must be self-motivating, design-oriented (historic, modern, interiors / exteriors, and unique projects), and have the ability to manage multiple estimates at one time. Serious inquiries ONLY.
- Develops relationship with design team – Thoroughly understands the project and the owner’s / designer’s vision and maintains constant communication with all parties involved.
- Thoroughly understands construction documents – Ensures all areas of scope are covered through review of the contract drawings prior to commencement.
- Uploads project documents – plans, spec’s, etc. to construction management software.
- Prepares invitation to bid.
- Works with subcontractors / suppliers to understand any pre-bid RFI’s.
- Communicates and manages with design team via pre-bid RFI’s.
- Follows up with bidders to ensure receipt of proposals.
- Assists in new subcontractor / supplier recruitment.
- Manages subcontractor / supplier pre-qualification packages.
- Assists in qualifying bidder proposals.
- Assists in construction schedule as required.
- Coordinates pre-bid walk through meetings with bidders / Owners / Design Team.
- Represents company in project meetings and direct / attend strategy meetings.
- When project is awarded assists with internal project hand off / coordination meeting.
- Coordinates permitting with applicable municipality / Design Team.
- Tenant improvement / restaurant build -out / residential experience a plus.
GENERAL REQUIREMENTS FOR ALL POSITIONS
- Ability to read architectural plans and implement necessary revisions.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Construction or Engineering, or (5+ years’ experience in Construction PM position).
- Field experience in construction is a must.
- Extensive computer knowledge, including Windows, Word, Excel, Outlook, MS Project and Internet. This position will require proficiency in Excel as spreadsheets are widely used for budgets, etc.
- Working knowledge of construction and project management tool s and software.
- Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong analytical and decision -making skills.
- Outstanding commitment and dedication to the company and its clients.
- Ensure regular and effective communication within the comp any and partners.
- Must be self -motivated and punctual.
- Must be able to manage multiple tasks and have excellent follow up skills both internally and externally.
- Must be professional and polished in appearance and speech.
- Working knowledge of the construct ion process including scheduling, contract administration, equipment, manpower, etc.
- Well-versed in safety and government regulations (ex: OSHA).
- Team Player.
- Thorough knowledge of all trades involved in residential/commercial construction.
- Strong organizational skills – ability to multitask.
- Tech savvy with ability to take digital photos and upload to main files; hand -held computing.
- Work requires the ability to operate an automobile and have a valid state driver’s license.
- LOCAL CANDIDATES ONLY (WILL NOT PAY TO RELOCATE)
Resumes can be dropped off at the Boyd Construction Office (1926 4th Avenue South St. Petersburg 33712) or emailed to email@example.com.
DESIGN + BUILD | Main Office: 1926 4th Avenue S Saint Petersburg, FL | CGC1517459 and #NAT-68431-1 | N 27° 46′ 1″ W 82° 39′ 34″